Saturday, September 24, 2011

Bushnell, FL - Week of 9/18 - 9/24/11

What a week! Started wonderfully with a visit to Webster, FL’s flea markets with my cousin and friend, Harvey and Valerie Roof. Ended with me getting out of the hospital.
We had a great time at the flea markets with Harvey and Valerie. A huge market that is about ¾ filled since the snowbirds aren’t here yet. Lunched at a little café called Hayseed Café. Could not find that they have their own webpage so here is a link to the Tripadvisor.com information on the café. Hayseed Cafe. It is a nice little place to eat across the street from Webster’s big flea market, Sumter County Farmer’s Market Sumter County Farmers Market. They have a small, yet adequate, buffet that is very reasonably priced. That pretty much ended the 1st half of the good part of the week.
Tuesday came with a phone call from Bruce’s family that his mom was in the hospital and may have to have a part of her foot or even leg amputated due to poor circulation. We decided to pack up and go back to Oklahoma to be with family during this trying time and help his parents during recovery. I’d been have low pelvic pain off and on for a week, thought is was traveler’s diarrhea but not improving. Went to Mayo Clinic’s website and the symptoms pointed to diverticulitis! Can’t hit the road with that potentially being my problem so went into Express Urgent Care in Ocala. That is exactly what I had so off to the hospital they sent me!  BTW, I was very, very impressed with Express Care of Ocala! Could not have asked for better treatment! They sent me to Munroe Regional Medical Center, the care there was also great but just wish they would let me sleep!! There were no private rooms available, long story about room mates but won't go there - LOL.
Then our week improved drastically! We got the wonderful news that Bruce’s mom had a 99% blockage behind her knee that Dr. Woodson was able to correct so it appears that she won’t have to have the amputation now! Praise God!!  I was dismissed from the hospital on Friday and was I ready to get home to my own bed!  Spent Saturday recuperating. Poor Bruce had a very stressful week, couldn’t have asked for a more caring husband!
Shew - What a week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment