Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Body Damage Repair

During the flood in Destin, FL we had to make a quick exit to higher ground and I accidentally scraped a co-workers truck. Luckily I did no damage to his truck and all we got was a nasty scratch. For the time being I put one of those cheap plastic chrome emblems on to hide the worst part of the scratch until I can get it painted. Not too bad, but I hate damage to our home.


Here at the KOA in Tucson I saw a guy doing some body repair on my neighbor's truck so I just had to talk to him. Well, long story short, he was just a scam artist and I got duped out of a little money and he just sprayed some cheap primer on the damaged area. Here he is trying to look professional with the sander but he tried to hide the primer by covering it with wax. Even I knew that you don't wax a brand new paint job. I'm out a little money and I hurt my pride, but "getting even" would be illegal and finding him and taking him to court would be a challenge. Even if we got a court date it wouldn't be worth it to come back to Tucson for the hearing.

 People like him eventually get what they deserve.
Paybacks are a.......!

This is what the so called body man left me with.

 He didn't think I would notice that the paint didn't even come close to matching?

So now we have an appointment at Texas Custom Coach in Texas after we leave Arizona for our journey back east. This should occur in mid April 2015 and hopefully things go smooth and we can get the coach looking all good again. 

On Tuesday April 21st we arrived at Texas Custom Coach for the repairs and we were greeted by the nicest people. They got us parked by the shop and within 10 minutes John had already started working on the damage. John started sanding the door down to the metal and then started straightening the door. We got to stay in our coach on the property and that was a blessing since we are full time.


A short time later the door was as smooth as glass and had primer sprayed on it.


On Thursday April 23rd, the paint job was done and looking great! We were ready to leave but Dave told us we were welcome to stay another night since we would be driving into some bad weather if we left.
The end result was fantastic, the paint and body repair was superb, the price was more than reasonable and I will highly recommend Texas Custom Coach to anyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment