Friday, February 27, 2015

RV Pet Owners, Whew!

First of all let me say that I am not an animal hater, matter of fact I love all living creatures. Well, except for June bugs...and maybe the love bugs from the Gulf coast and doves. I hate June bugs, and doves always have a stupid expression!
In our eight years of full timing we have learned that most RVers are very passionate about their pets, dogs being the most popular. I tend to get myself in trouble because I get vocal about how weird I think many of these people are. Most of my comments are meant as fun towards my friends, most of which have pets. Now the dogs are great, we've had plenty of dogs back when we lived in a stick and brick home with a back yard for the dog to run free, pee and poop at will. The dog poops in the yard, a week or so later when its dried and crispy, I get the rake, shovel, and trash bag, and the yard is clean! Our cat had a litter box, and well, we all know how that goes, so end of discussion.

This guy must have really got into trouble with his wife, as he was forced to push their cat around the RV park in a stroller. No man should ever take a cat out in public with a stroller, except for Bruce Jenner or maybe Liberace....Poor guy.

You RV dog owners are a special breed of people and I give you credit. There is no way I can get up at all hours of the night, in the rain or cold, wait for Fido to poop, and then pick up the warm fresh excrement with my hand wrapped in a Walmart bag. The neighbors would be awakened by me telling the mutt to hurry up, and then the sound of me gagging as I clean up the mess. I'm not a qualified fresh pooper picker upper as I had much difficulty assisting with diaper changes when our two daughters were babies. I laughed at my friend Jerry as I stood at my windshield (inside where it was warm) and watched him in his pajamas, arms waving, lips flapping as he is encouraging their two dogs to hurry and do their business. I knocked on the glass loud enough to get his attention, and then point and laughed. He usually waved back at me, but not with all 5 fingers. But why is it that the men are the ones we see most often with the dogs? I'm convinced they are the wife's dogs but the man gets stuck with the duty...so to speak. Pun intended..(duty..dooty) I've seen people with 5 large dogs in a RV! What is wrong with them?

Here's the issues with owners..NOT ALL, but many of you and you will not admit it...ever.
"Your dog" never barks, it's always the neighbor's. So many yap-yap foo foo dogs that never bark or bite, but yet I got scarred from a brutal attack by Joe and Tammy's dog, Maggie. Okay Maggie is little and she scratched my arm in three places when she jumped on me to say hi. But it drew blood!
That pile of poop belongs to the "other guy".
Guests have many complaints on their dog's behalf, ground not level, stickers, too rocky, etc.
Their whole world revolves around the dog, but okay as long as they are happy who am I to judge?
 I do appreciate the fact that these pets are well cared for, as I have no tolerance for any form of abuse. No animal should ever be abused!
You can't go out for too long because your dog will get nervous, have to poop and pee, or needs it's medication by a certain time. You go out for fun but must return early for the dog. I enjoy our freedom too much to have all that pet responsibility.


 We met Omar while we worked in Destin, FL. He is a cool dog that just recently showed his snowball catching skill in the snowy state of Georgia.

This little fellow really captured my heart in Destin, FL I wanted to dognap it, but that would be wrong and it is also known for pooping.


This is 50 Shades of Wrong and no animal should be subjected to clothing. No man should ever be forced to take this thing out in public without a female in close proximity so he can blame her. If you don't believe me, ask Jay Leno...he'll tell you.


Occasionally dog clothing can be a "little cool" such as the biker dog at the Daytona, FL Biketoberfest.




This was a first for me, a pet pig! But hey, it was different.


These people really cracked me up with their, or really it was his, pet monkey.It was a mechanical toy but he had fun without the food or the mess. Love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment