Saturday, May 12, 2012

Garden of the gods - Colorado Springs, CO

We took a day trip with our friends Linda and Steve to Garden of the gods in Colorado Springs. We went up via Highway 9 which is a very nice drive. We came across this odd little display along the way...
Bruce needs to come up with a funny caption for this one!
 Not sure if these are Llama's or Alpaca but I just love the expressions on their faces!

After a nice lunch in Manitou Springs we drove through Garden of the gods. Anxious to go back to do some trails when our kids, Stacy, Gary and Owen get here next month!
Oh my! I really need to get rid of that shirt! It's
in pictures every year for I don't know how long!
Steve and Linda

Two camels kissing

Postcard perfection!

Balancing Rock

Goof!
Colorado Springs is a sad place for me to visit. My parents went there in 1991 for their 34 anniversary and my mother was killed in a car accident the day after they had visited Pike's Peak. This is my second time there since the accident...it doesn't get any easier.

1 comment: