Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scott County Park - Eldridge, Iowa

I-80 Truck Stop near Walcott, Iowa

Another day of traveling up I 35 north to I 80 east - Bruce wants to go to the I80 Truck Stop. He saw a program about it on the Travel Channel and wanted to see it. Since it is in the area just re-routed the plans a little to make it happen. It was a huge place and as you can see from the picture, all kinds of lights for vehicles. For those of you that know Bruce, his knees did go weak when he saw this display!
View from our window of Incahias Campground
Only another 20 miles to get to the Scott County park that I found at RVParkReviews.com. Another great county park! Not far off of I-80 and Highway 61. They do not take reservations so just get to drive around and find an empty site we liked. The 1st area we came to was "Bald Eagle Campground" where they have full hook ups and level concrete sites for only $20 but the trees are not full grown yet so no shade. The next campground is "Incahias" but it only has electric and water but lots of trees and it is $18. We chose the Incahias for the tree cover although the sites are gravel and unlevel.  We are slanted a bit but it will probably only be a few days so will just deal with it. Need a fews days off from driving/riding in the pickup.

1 comment:

  1. The I-80 Truck Stop is a place every red blooded American male has got to stop and see. The chrome, the LED lights, the accessories...I was in heaven! Thank you Travel Channel for leading us down this path to coolness.

    ReplyDelete